SecurityDirectorsLink® Strict Security Measures to Protect Confidential Board Communications
Sensitive company and customer information merits the best protection. DirectorsLink combines a range of security features to provide directors with a safe online environment to foster best practices in governance. Directors can create, retrieve and store information without worrying about unauthorized users or other threats. They can capitalize on their secure portal for hassle-free collaboration and other interaction. With DirectorsLink, you can spend your time focusing on getting the information you need to make good decisions for your organization—not worrying about security issues.
DirectorsLink uses state-of-the-art technology and protocols to create the highest level of security for directors. It incorporates multiple powerful solutions to ensure the safe access of information: Windows Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, and Forms Authentication. These features control everything from who enters the intranet to their level of access and editing capability.
Windows Active Directory and Novell eDirectory Security Features:
- Unrestricted levels of access control - Provide greater flexibility and functionality
- Varying user access rights - Access rights depend on the unique needs of the user.
- Multiple levels of administrator permissions can be granted to different users - Directors can manipulate their area of the Intranet without having access to other sections.
Forms Authentication Security Features:
- Unlimited levels of access control
- User authentication - Username and password are required for access.
- User-driven enrollment - Users can register and manager their own account.
- Administrator control - Administrators can manage all accounts from one location, including assigning user assess rights.
- Different access rights - The access rights of users vary according to their unique needs.
- Various levels of administrator permissions are allowed - Users may enter their particular section of the intranet without accessing other areas.
General Security Measures
In addition to Active Directory, eDirectory and Forms Authentication, DirectorsLink is supported by a variety of other security measures. The online portal is protected by a highly secure hosting environment, encryption and a host of internal processes. In addition, we are constantly monitoring and improving our security program. Our general security management initiatives include:
Monitoring. Our system is protected by sophisticated equipment and software and is continuously scrutinized for threats against hacking and other potential attacks.
Encryption. We employ powerful encryption devices to ensure the protection of your company’s information during transmission and storage on our system. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology gives users secure access to the information in their DirectorsLink account.
Virus protection. We use the most up-to-date software to keep harmful computer viruses from disrupting access to our service, destroying data, and reducing productivity.
Redundancy. DirectorsLink has included redundancy throughout every aspect of the director’s portal to ensure the availability and reliability of your valuable information.
Data backup. We create a secondary copy of our clients’ data files each night, and store it off-site at a secure location. Backup files are encrypted, and any unused and obsolete data is destroyed for added protection.
Internal processes. Our staff members are of the highest integrity, we use a strict set of checks and balances to ensure your sensitive data is handled with the utmost care, responsibility and security.
DirectorsLink is one of the most secure board portals on the market today. Learn more about how our online portal can enhance your productivity and governance. Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation.